Stun Guns Article
Stun Gun - A Personal Safety Product - In December 2005, President George W. Bush signed the reauthorization of the "Violence Against Women Act" without public debate. More than two out of five women have experienced sexual abuse in their lifetimes as per the study by American Journal of Preventive Medicine. Law enforcement is very much aware of this situation and they are doing their part diligently to curb it, but there is only so much they can do. In addition to relying on the law enforcement, you can take initiative to protect your invaluable freedom.
You might be thinking that it can be dangerous to even think about self defense when faced with violent crime. An attempt at self defense can turn a robbery into a murder--your own. So it?s better to be equipped with safety products like a stun gun, which help us to defend on sudden attacks in parking lots, ATM centers and other secluded places. A majority of law enforcement personnel carry a stun gun for protection against assaults from criminals.
The truth is that in this uncertain world the truest safety we have is the safety we create within ourselves. Being terrified in the face of crime only makes us miserable and accomplishes the goal of crime, which is to create widespread fear and instability.
Let us educate ourselves with the crime facts:
- 82% of society will be a victim of a violent crime during their lifetimes.
- 3 out of 4 women will be victims of at least one Sexual Abuse.
- Every hour, 16 women confront rapists.
- Every two minutes, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted.
- In 2002, there were a total of 4,854 cases of aggravated assault in Washington DC. On a daily basis, this computes to 13.2 aggravated assaults a day.
- In Maryland, there were 3,228 cases of larceny and thefts per 100,000 people in 2002. This is one-third higher than the national average rate of 2,445.8 cases per 100,000.
- In Detroit, there were 41.79 murders per 100,000 people in 2002. This is alarmingly way above the national average rate of 5.6 for the same year.
- In 2002, with the exception of burglaries, Philadelphia led all crime levels which were above the national average rates for murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assaults, larceny/theft and motor vehicle theft.
We can not assume that we are always safe. Crime can happen to anyone at anytime.It is quite shocking to know the following crime rate statistics:
|Time||Type of crime|
|Every 23.1 seconds||One Violent Crime|
|Every 32.6 minutes||One Murder|
|Every 5.6 minutes||One Forcible Rape|
|Every 1.3 minutes||One Robbery|
|Every 36.9 seconds||One Aggravated Assault|
|Every 3.1 seconds||One Property Crime|
|Every 14.7 seconds||One Burglary|
|Every 4.5 seconds||One Larceny-theft|
|Every 25.5 seconds||One Motor Vehicle Theft|
Is there a way you can safeguard yourself and protect your freedom?
Yes! You Can Stop It!
Personal safety products like stun guns are most powerful when you believe in yourself. When you believe in yourself, you are far more likely to:
- Trust your sense of what's going on.
- Pay attention to the warnings your awareness and intuition can give you.
- Believe in your ability to verbally or physically defend yourself.
- Give yourself the caring, safety and security you deserve.
When you believe in yourself, most people looking to cause a problem will leave you alone.
Personal safety grows from the power, energy, and passion you want in every part of life. Personal safety became a national priority and Personal safety products like Stun Guns are the best protection available. Stun guns stop human attacks quickly, safely, and effectively.
What does a stun gun contain and how does it work?
The batteries supply electricity to a circuit consisting of various electrical components. The circuitry includes multiple transformers, components that boost the voltage in the circuit, typically to between 20,000 and 500,000 volts, and reduce the amperage. This high voltage when induced into human body would over work its muscles and cause exhaustion of energy and would in turn lead to temporary loss of movement. At the same time, the tiny neurological impulses that travel throughout the body to direct muscle movement are interrupted. This causes disorientation and loss of balance and leaves the attacker in a passive and confused condition for several minutes. Still, there is no significant effect on the heart and other organs.
Is the usage of a Stun gun legal?
Yes, but you may not carry it on an airplane and some US states have stun gun restrictions and formulation rules as mentioned below:
Annapolis , MD
Baltimore , MD
Baltimore County , MD
Chicago , IL
Dension, LA / Crawford County
District of Columbia
Philadelphia , PA
Chicago Ridge , IL
Ocean City , MD
Weschester County , NY
Virginia Beach , VA
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Hong Kong, India(police use only), Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
NOTE: It is best to contact your state or local law enforcement department to know whether the usage of stun gun is legal or not.
Stun gun is a valuable self defense tool, but could be a weapon if not used properly Follow the basic safety precautions and rules. Enjoy the feeling of security, confidence it offers.
For more information on personal safety products please visit stun guns.