BOMB BLANKETS are excellent against the majority of pipe bombs, blast and hand grenade fragments, as well as the majority of fragmentation brought on by electrical or pressure explosion. It also uses a fire retardant, water repellent nylon cover to protect treated KEVLAR 129HT 1100 Dtex, ballistic fabric that complies with the necessary protection levels to give maximum protection, and sewing it together.
When you are in a combat zone, take extra precautions against bomb blasts. While a bulletproof vest might protect your upper body against bullet, it might not be able to resist an explosion from a bomb. Therefore, these blankets are intended to shield you and contain bomb blasts. It has an outer covering of Nomex fire-resistant over KEVLAR. A wide range of bomb explosions will be contained. We provide bomb blankets in various safety levels. All blankets are available in the usual sizes, but we also provide custom sizes and configurations.
Please use the "Request For Quote" button to get a better price on higher quantities and also specify any special requirements.
- Fragmentation protection tested to Stanag 17-gram Fragmentation V50 300m/s.
- Weight – Varies by size and mentioned below for each blanket size
- Light enough to be carried by one man.
- A nylon web loop near the 4 corners is standard.
- In high magnitude explosions, the blanket rises to a parachute configuration while the sides drop to contain the blast.
We shall be happy to quote you on special custom orders and quantities. A choice of colors is available.
- Safety Circle - wrap around to cover suspected object
- Complete with a carry bag
- Fragmentation Protection
- Used for IED/EOD Operations
- Used in Demining Operations
Exporting bomb blankets requires a U.S. State Department export permit. Some countries may require a Department of Commerce export license for Body Armor. It is the SOLE responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all transactions conform to US and local Federal, State and Local Statutes, Codes, and Ordinances. Residents of Connecticut are prohibited from buying Body Armor unless the sale is face to face (or unless the buyer is a police officer, Police Department, or military). We cannot ship to residents of Connecticut who are not police or military.