ARIA Classic Mask - COVID19 Emergency
Use RFQ only if you need quantities more than 10 for custom pricing
Popup blocker needs to be disabled for the RFQ form to load
Note from the manufacturer
At the beginning of March, we deposited an international Patent through our Italian company Mestel Safety, part of the OceanReefGroup, whom, under the brand OCEAN REEF manufactures full face masks for snorkeling and scuba purposes and through the brand Safety Protection Equipment, manufactures gas masks.
The Filed Patent is for an adapter to connect full face snorkeling masks to filters with the aim of transforming the snorkeling mask, into a personal protection mask. Its name is APA: ARIA Protection Adaptor since our snorkeling mask line is called ARIA.
Mestel Safety SRL-Ocean Reef Group received from the Italian National Institute for insurance against industrial injuries, INAIL, the extraordinary validation for the Personal Protective Equipment of the third category constituted by the Aria/UNO snorkeling mask assembled with the APA adaptor (Aria Protection Adaptor) and the P3 filter, certified under the EN136: 2000 standard.
The use of the adaptor is at the discretion of each individual and should only be used when other approved PPE is not available.
APA - Aria Protection Adaptor ( Mask and Filter not included)
An adaptor that connects Ocean Reef manufactured snorkeling masks to P3 and other types of filters transforming the snorkeling mask, into an emergency personal protection mask. The product is sold together with RD40/22 an adaptor that connects rd40-22mm inlets to 40mm 1/7″ threaded outlets. With this adaptor, you can connect an APA or EPA, or SGE Gas Masks to rd40-22mm devices such as Pall breathing filters, or similar.
If the end product is used by the patient or consumer – both should be informed that the product they are using is an uncertified and limitedly tested piece of equipment.
How Does It Work?
The APA with a certified and properly installed filter, can assist in the filtration of breathable air and reduce the inhalation of contaminants.
APA adaptor has a non-return valve, so only fresh air passes through the filter and only filtered air enters into the mask.
The exhausted air has a different channel and it is expelled from the lower part of the mask, where another non-return valve ensures air will only exit from there.
(In the open source project is also available the design of the Exhausted Valve Cover 22mm: another adaptor made to filter the exhaled air).
Our snorkeling masks breathing technology is patented and certified. The airflow and the CO2 levels are tested and safe.
The converted mask is a reusable and cleanable full-face shield.
- APA and RD40 adaptors are easy to assembly on the Aria 19 mask, also when it is worn.
- The strap can be quickly adjusted and fits well with almost any face shape, allowing comfortable wearing and removing.
- The voice can be heard clearly throughout the Aria 19 mask thus allowing good communication.
- The high-transparency visor allows a perfect vision (wide optical field) with slight optical distortion in a few areas.
- It is possible to insert the removable optical lens support inside the Aria 19 mask. The customizable corrective lens can be mounted on the support, or corrective standard lens from -1 to -4 are available alternatively.
APA Package Includes
1. RD 40/22: This piece connects rd40-22mm inlets to 40mm 1/7″ threaded outlets. With this, you can connect an APA or EPA, or SGE Gas Masks and other PPE that use the NATO 40mm standard, to rd40-22mm devices such as hydrophobic bidirectional filters, or similar that can commonly be found in hospitals. We have learned that these hydrophobic bidirectional filters have a very low breathing resistance and have excellent performances in protecting from contaminations, as well as having a very long duration. We are in no way related to filter manufacturing, maker or have tested such equipment.
The rd40-22mm adaptor can be screwed on the APA. The hydrophobic bidirectional filter can then be inserted into the female connection.
2. Mushroom valve: A silicone valve that is commonly found in the scuba industry and that we make out of our own design and mold. Failure to include this part, misplacing or breaking can result in rebreathing exhaust air inside the filter again, incrementing the dead air space of the mask.
3. Gasket: This EPDM gasket is die-cut and produced by us out of our design. Misplacing such gasket, breaking, substitution with different parts can result in leaking outside air into the mask, bypassing the filter.
4. Zip tie: Included to secure the filter connector and reduce the possibility of losing the filter and adaptor if getting entangled due to bulky filter.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Remove any filter connected to the adaptor prior to sanitization.
- NEVER use any solvent, cleaner or abrasive product to clean the Aria 19 Mask, the RD40 and the APA Adaptor.
- Do not sanitize a mask+adaptors protection system that is clearly damaged.
- Be careful do not to deform the Aria 19 Mask, the RD40 and the APA Adaptor during sanitization as it could negatively impact its fit.
- Store at temperatures between -20 and +50°C and RH < 80%
- Do not expose the Aria 19 mask and the APA&RD 40-22 adaptors to direct sunlight or heat sources for a prolonged period of time.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the objects of the sale by Ocean Reef are only the Aria Protection Adaptor (APA) and the RD 40/22 adaptor and NOT a personal protection device made with the combined use of the mask, the APA and a filter.
Ocean Reef has carried out no sufficient testing nor it has obtained any certifications yet which qualifies the equipment made by the combined use of the mask, the APA, the RD 40/22 and the filter as a personal protection device.
ANY COMBINED USE of the mask, the APA, the RD40/22 and the filter is therefore effected at the User’s sole risk and Ocean Reef DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IN RESPECT OF THE PROTECTION CAPABILITIES OF SUCH EQUIPMENT. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE, BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. OCEAN REEF SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ALSO DIRECT DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS) ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMBINED USE OF THE MASK, THE APA AND THE FILTER, WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT/NON CONTRACTUAL LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.